Re: what exactly a dim command for x10 lamp module?

On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 05:32:54 -0700, arnie wrote:

> HI all
> I have powerlinc v2 controller [USB] with LM465 lamp module connected
> to a powerline. I am making use of Smarthome device manager
> [SDM3.exe]. I have to change the dim level of lamp module.From its
> behaviour [of LM465] it goes first to full bright and then goes to DIM
> level.
> Using sendX10 and for x10 address let say=A2 what dim command should i
> use
>
> 1. sendX10=A2, DIM 30%
> 2. sendX10=A2,DIM 30
> or any other command
> Thanks

If the LM465 is Off, then any Dim command will first turn it fully
On, then proceed to Dim it from that point.  This is a firmware
feature of the LM465 and cannot be changed.  Was that your
question?

If the LM465 is On but fully dimmed (to darkness), then it can be
brightened with the appropriate Bright command.  Or if partially
dimmed it can be further dimmed or brightened from that point.

I don't know what algorithm your SDM3 uses to convert the
programmed level (e.g., 30) to the (nominal) 210 brightness steps
available in the LM465 - you may have to experiment.

BTW, alt.home.automation doesn't get a lot of traffic - you'll be
better off posting to comp.home.automation.