Impedance Matching Volume Control

Hello!  I have searched the archive but can't find what I am looking for.
Similar question but mine has a little extra that I can't figure out.

I want to distribute the sound to some speakers at various location in the
house and have control of the volume locally.  Using Impedance Matching
Volume Control (IMVC) seems to be the solution.  However, If I want to add
an A/B switch in one location so that I can use the speakers in that
location for the central source or the local source, it changes the
impedance of the central circuits.

I've been told I need to use a speaker selector box (and leave them all ON
if I want) but I am not sure I understand.

Please see my installation here:
http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/4228/imvclc1.jpg

It shows want I want to do.  There are some questions too.  All the help is
welcome.

Thanks

Chris
thespade13YOUneed2removethis@xxxxxxxx