Re: Fan timer with "stay on" option

Arfa Daily (arfa.daily@xxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

>I don't know whereabouts you are, but here in the UK, such an item is
>commonly available as a shower extractor fan with a built in light

>http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=25652&cm_re=SEARCHPROMO-_-SHOWER%20EXTRACTOR%20FAN-_-25652&ts=10039

>It is hooked into the normal lighting circuit, and as long as the light is
>on, the fan runs. When you switch off the light, the fan continues to run up
>to an adjustable time of 20 minutes
>Arfa

That's interesting.  I don't want to leave a light on when the fan is
running, but I wasn't going to have a light hooked up to the fan anyway.
Sounds like I could use such a switch on a fan, without a light, and
leave the switch on if I want ventilation overnight, say.  I wouldn't care
if, when I go turn the fan off, it keeps on running for a few minutes
after I switch it off.

Thanks.  You may have come up with a creative solution that the fan
company tech support didn't.

I live in the USA.

Laura