Re: Brake method needed for hillside lift

This might be a bit complicated, but a centrifugal brake should do the job.  Ideally, the brake engages if the drum starts spinning.
As the brake slows the drum, it eases up a bit, allowing a safe descent.  ISTR they use something like this on the tram at a ski
lodge in NH.

Thinking it up was easy.  Engineering it is outside my skill set.  :^)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics