Re: How Integrate PC 20 feet from TV?

The cheapest way is to use a free PVR software from GBPVR and a Hauppauge
MediaMVP. This would be a powerful sys with its own remote control.

GBPVR runs really well on lower power machines and is free.  The MediaMVP
has a remote, is well supported by the program and is <100$.  Check out
their forums and Wiki. Lots of users to talk with but the developer is
usually the one who answers the tough questions since he's online most the
time.  This proggy is very stable when compared to MediaPortal an open
source PVR proggy.

http://hauppauge.com/
http://www.gbpvr.com/
http://www.team-mediaportal.com/

There are 2 versions of the MediaMVP one wireless (802.11G) and one
10/100BaseT. If you get the wireless version it also has a RJ45 ethernet
jack on it as well.

Otherwise you could opt for a PCtoNTSC convertor box and a wireless (RF not
IR)remote keyboard mouse and remote.  MS makes a nice keyboard for this.
Wait for the new one that is Rechargeable, Backlit, RF and made for media
center and Vista. >200$$$$$

If your TV is a normal non-HDTV then the best you'll likely do is 640x480.
If you bump it up the flickering will be severe.  If you have a HDTV capable
of 720p then  you'd get near 1024x760 resolution without flickering but your
video card will need the correct connector.

I have a crappy video card but it has a 2 outputs one VGA and one DVI
connector.  I can run the VGA monitor and the TV at the same time with a DVI
to HDMI cable. My TV has HDMI not DVI.    DVI and HDMI cables can be up to
50'.

So is your TV a HDTV ?  What is it capable of and what kind of inputs does
it have.