Re: How Integrate PC 20 feet from TV?

On Sun, 01 Oct 2006 15:59:29 -0700, Al Franz wrote:

> Want to put a media center in the family room, and a keyboard and PC monitor
> about 15-20 feet away.  Is there technology that can enable me to put the
> computer at either location and have the display shown on the TV at the same
> time as the PC monitor.  Most of the time I would just use the PC without
> the TV.
>
> I assume the PC Monitor would be a DVI or VGA connection, can one cable be
> run longer?
>
> The connection to the TV is undecided since I have not purchased one as of
> yet, what type of connector would be best (HMI?).  Is this possible what I
> want to do?
>
> Thanks!

X-10 sells a kit consisting of an RF transmitter which connects between
your video card and VGA monitor plus an RF receiver which you hook to your
TV set.  It's supposed to replicate your PC screen on the TV.  I have no
idea how well it works.  See:
http://www.x10.com/products/x10_vk73a.htm

They have a sale:
http://www.x10.com/promotions/goldmine_vk73a.html

There are two models, one for VGA, the other for a video card with TV out.
The picture for the sale item seems to match the VGA model but
it's nowhere stated.  I'd call and inquire about this if interested.