Re: Multimedia

3 main options:

1) Something like a Russound system with keypads, and J Rivers Media Center
on your PC, with the PC connected to the Russound over serial
2) One of those pre-rolled systems, i think squeezebox/slingbox do something
like this but i'm not sure.

Neither of those 2 will scale to video, though, so there's:
3) a software-based solution where you use the Russound as above, but rather
than keypads use something like a Fujitsu 3400 tablet PC ($160 on eBay) that
you wallmount to control playback throughout the house.

My 3400 wallmounted:
http://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=1012

My Interfaces: http://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=1429

An older version of my architecture:
http://www.myhometheaterpc.com/config.html

Note: I am a mere end-user with no financial stake in any products that I
may discuss.

My Personal Website w/my Home Automation PC:
http://www.myhomeautomationpc.com, last updated 4/11

My Home Automation Blog: http://homeautomation.wordpress.com/