Re: Security wiring question - how to get wires out of walls....

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" <skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net> wrote in
message news:6jh1s19sfd7qqe8qiivacaakj0g5rhg45n@xxxxxxxxxx
> On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 01:46:32 GMT, "Stanley Barthfarkle"
> <sbarth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>>> The contractor who pre-wired the house said they'd be happy to come
>>> out and fish the wires out for me, but I'm a DIY'er and would prefer
>>> to spend my time doing it instead of writing a check.
>>

>>Part of a contractor's responsibility with a proper prewire is to ensure
>>the
>>wires are accessible once they are needed upon construction completion.
>>They
>>shouldn't charge you to locate something that should be readily
>>accessible,
>>IMHO.
>
> I thoroughly agree.  Locatiing the wires isn't as issue, getting them
> out of the wall without having to punch holes in the drywall is.
> Unfortunately, the buildier won't help and the contractor that did the
> work wants to charge me $65/hour to get them out.

Sounds like the wires aren't accessible. Ask the bozo who did the prewire if
he would expect an electrician to leave his wires behind drywall after
pre-wiring for electricity. He will have to answer "no", if he's honest. If
it isn't accessible, it isn't prewired. Sounds like breach of contract to
me...