Re: More VOIP/Digital Voice

I ran across a few fire SK panels that were sending SIA on digital phone
lines. There where many problems, such as late to test, missed signals, etc.
Once I switched it to CID, the problem seemed to go away for the most part.
We still get signals coming in a bit late, but that's why they have 8 dial
attempts per line...after the 2nd or 3rd try, it goes through.

I have been telling techs to program an extra dial tone detect or an
extended pause to make sure the line is truly clear.

Jim Rojas