Re: What chip was used on the DTMF Weeder Kit?

The Weeder Telephone/Computer Interface kit (WTTCI-K) did use the MC145436
but it also used a PIC16C54 which decoded the DTMF and provided the
multidrop RS232 interface. Aside from the fact that supplying you with the
board layout and schematic would infringe Weeder's copyright it wouldn't do
you any good without having the firmware for the PIC. If you plan to write
your own PIC firmware, you may as well design the whole thing from the
ground up.

Unless you can find a surplus Weeder kit, it would be simpler to choose some
other DTMF decoder kit (there are many) and adapt the MH code as needed.
Check out the QK153 from Quality Kits.