Re: Cooling attic (and home) by spraying water on roof (shingles) - good/bad?

--------------090305020001080802050802

RicodJour wrote:

>Robert L. Bass wrote:
>

>>There's one method of using water to cool the roof/attic that can help.  I
>>use solar panels to heat my pool.  The pool holds ~30,000 gallons.  There
>>are eight 4'x10' solar panels on the roof.  Sunlight hitting them warms the
>>pool -- not the attic.  I've noticed a significant improvement in cool-down
>>cycle (time it takes to get the house cool again after we've been away) with
>>the pool heater running.  Since the pool water is being circulated by the
>>filtration pump during the day anyway, there's almost no *extra* cost to use
>>the solar panels.
>>

>The solar heating system should be a required part of any pool
>installation.  It should be written into the code and rebates should be
>offered by the utility companies.
>
>But that would make sense...

I really have to agree, but I feel the government already has too much
to say in how I do things at my home.  I can't even REPLACE a bad water
heater without getting a building permit.  Dealers will not sell the
heater without the permit, and it is just a way to extract a $35 fee
from the homeowner. Supposedly it is to provide inspections to insure
proper installation, but when I insisted that the inspectors actually
come out and inspect my installation they got very upset, and claimed it
would cost them a lot more than the 35 would cover.  The did come out,
since I told them my next call was to the newspaper.

--------------090305020001080802050802

begin:vcard
fn:Jim  Baber
n:Baber;Jim
adr:;;1350 W. Mesa Ave.;Fresno;CA;93711-2008;USA
email;internet:jim@xxxxxxxxx
tel;home:(559)435-9068
tel;cell:(559)905-2204
x-mozilla-html:TRUE