HomeSeer Speaker.exe

Hi, I 'm getting an error every time I run the speaker.exe with
homeseer:

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.

Process id=0x684(1668), Thread id=0xa38(2616).

I have MS Text to Speech engine installed. Uninstalling it made no
difference. I have the latest .net framework (d/l last night)

Homeseer is running as a service. Have shut it down and restarted it.
Have rebooted.

I'm on day 18 of my trial. Trying to run everything. Seems to work
fine except for this. I haven't seen anything helpful on the forums.

Thanks,
John