Re: Auto Speed Monitoring

There's already a better idea - radar actuated speed cameras and
red light cameras. Your City can contract with a private company
to install them at no cost to the City.

They take a picture of the license plate and the owner of the
vehicle is automatically assessed a "civil penalty" for violations
(so there's no need for evidence as to who was actually driving).
The revenue collected is split between the company and the City,
with the company getting about 2/3 and the City 1/3.  Any dispute
by a vehicle owner over the issue is impartially arbitrated by an
employee of the company.

The cameras are placed by the company with traffic safety as the
primary consideration - typically on streets with unusually low
speed limits for conditions and at intersections where it's
difficult to stop before the amber traffic signal turns red.

It sounds like your street would be a prime candidate for one of
these speed cameras.  Talk it up with your City officials.
(Maybe you can get the contract.)

-dweeb