Re: Best appliance module ?

In article <424b4029.5053828@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, not_real@xxxxxxx says...
> On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 21:34:31 -0800, George Pontis
> <gpontis@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >Is it a known fact that the X-10 Pro is a great appliance module and the others
> >are not ?
> >
> >George
>
> Maybe a dumb question since you seem to be familiar with X-10 signals,
> but are the two Hot Wires in your home wiring bridged for X-10
> signals?

Yes, I have a phase coupler at the panel. I am sure it is doing the job since the
signal strength is very good when the controller transmits. After watching with
the X-10 signal analyzer I now think that there is another source of noise besides
the dimmer that I removed. The noise level is normally low but over time I see
"BSC" (bad start code) pop up with  significant strength, like > 100 mV.

What I don't have is a whole house block. Perhaps a neighbor has something very
noisy that is doing it. In any case, the X-10 Pro module seems to be reliable
while the others are not.