RE: Re: xPL announcement/description protocol -- was xPLDiag

Hi,

> Another issue for me is the need to create yet another
> protocol to handle this (XHCP).  Frankly, I sort of
> understand why this exists, but I feel it is perhaps a tiny
> bit of a cheat -- why can't xPL Hal do all this work using
> the existing xPL protocols?

ROFL!

A "bit of a cheat" - I love that!

I'm guessing by that comment that you've never even read the XHCP
specification, and haven't a clue what it does - in which case you're in
no position to pass judgement.

I'm not even going to go into the detail as to why XHCP exists - Ian has
already mentioned some of the reasons, and the protocol document is out
there for all to read.

If after reading it, anyone thinks that it can be replaced by a load of
xPL messages, I'll be happy to hear from them.

Regards,

John