xPLMediaNet - Music graphical menus and remote control

  • Subject: xPLMediaNet - Music graphical menus and remote control
  • From: "Tony Tofts" <tony@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 07:09:08 +0100

Hi all,

Just a note. MVP users with album artwork will find that the jukebox source
on an mvp gives a graphical menu (like videos/pictures) as per the web
interface (and you can also enable graphical menu for playlists, queries,
shoutcasts on the mvp too - same as for the web interface). Pressing OK
also
gives an information window on the album.

However, when remote controlling another device from an mvp it is always in
text mode, due to the fact that it has to follow the lowest common
denominator

Basically in remote control mode the slave takes on the menu size of the
master (slimp3=2 lines, rio=4, exstreamer=4, mvp=10) and this is why a
slave
devices display gets locked out when the master has a larger menu size (it
isn't locked when the display is the same or smaller).

When I get time I'll look at having the mvp graphical menus still running,
maybe by dynamically altering the menu size (i.e. instead of 10, if we go
graphical change to 6 or whatever) but this is low priority

BTW any mvp users with a slimp3 or rio (or exstreamer with xpl osd), have
you tried controlling the mvp from them instead?

Remote control only relates to music at the moment, when other
video/picture
devices are added this may be expanded.

Regards
Tony