Stand-alone hub - Testers Needed

  • Subject: Stand-alone hub - Testers Needed
  • From: Mal Lansell <mal@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 19:36:02 +0100

Hi Guys,

I've written a new stand-alone xPL hub application in C++ (so that it
doesn't require the .NET framework) and I need some help testing it.
I've tried it on XP and 2000, and it's appears to be working fine.
However, my setup is not as complex as some peoples' and the hub could
do with a proper thrashing before it becomes "official".

I'd be especially interested in seeing what happens on Win95, 98 and ME,
and also if any memory leaks become apparent (looking at the memory
usage in the Task Manager is probably the best way to do this).

This hub can run either as a service or a console application.  On
95/98/ME, the installer creates a shortcut in the users startup folder,
and the hub should run as a minimised console app.
On NT/2000/XP, it is installed as a service, and will start straight away.

Make sure disable any other hubs (don't forget the one in xPLHal!)
before installing this stand-alone version!!!

I've also updated the W800 service to be hubbless.  The SDK will be
updated once I'm sure both the new hub and new W800 service are behaving
properly.

The applications can be downloaded via the links below:

Hub:  www.xplmonkey.com/downloads/xplhub.msi
W800: www.xplmonkey.com/downloads/xplw800.msi

Thanks

Mal