Re: exec.basic - comments please

  • Subject: Re: exec.basic - comments please
  • From: "Mal Lansell" <mal@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 08:27:58 -0000

I've now got the app up and running - it seems to functioning
correctly, spawning multiple concurrent programs, and reporting the
start/failure and termination of each of them.

I just have to add the security features.  I'm thinking of going the
whole hog and encrypting the approved program list - that should
stop anyone messing with it.

Mal

--- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, "John B" <home-automation@j...>
wrote:

> Hi Mal,
>
> > Actually, I've persuaded myself otherwise!
> >
> > There *will* be a list of approved applications.  This may
> > not guard against an xpl virus, but it will offer some
> > additional protection against messages originating from outside.
>
> Makes sense to me.
>
> Re. Log.basic, personally I'd just use it for reporting an error.
> The schema lets you specify whether you're logging information, a
> warning, or an error, so you could use it to log successful
executions.

> I guess the most flexible approach would be a "logging"
config item