Re: Re: Is xPL the ideal work-around? Need to access the LPT port from Mister House...

  • Subject: Re: Re: Is xPL the ideal work-around? Need to access the LPT port from Mister House...
  • From: Gregg Liming <gregg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 14:14:39 -0400

Quoting Jack Edin (10/25/05 2:00 PM):
> --- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, Gregg Liming <gregg@l...> wrote:
>

>>I'm totally lost here... Why would you want to mix x10 into this?
>

> Just for testing.

IMO, that overly complicates things.  But, if you wish to proceed by
yourself, then feel free.

>>My impression was that you were interested in sending xPL to John's
>
> new
>
>>IO app--which doesn't speak x10.  Perhaps you could elaborate.
>

> I want a way to see the relay(s) trip without having to mouse or type
> something. I could grab an X10 Palmpad and git 'r done.

Use the VoiceCmd functions which appear in the tk or web menus for now
using the code that I provided.

>>The following function should allow you to send data via xPL to
>>John's client:
>>
>># this sub takes device control data in hex and sends out
>
> <SNIP>
>
>>The above will show up in mh voice cmd menus.
>

> There is another example of why I need to load up Windows2000 instead
> of Win98se - the speach recognition doesn't work.

That's not relevant.  The voice_cmd items appear in the tk and web
menus.  Once you know that things are working from a test perspective,
then alternative (and more complex) methods of causing the commands to
be started can be considered.