Re: Is xPL the ideal work-around? Need to access the LPT port from Mister House...

  • Subject: Re: Is xPL the ideal work-around? Need to access the LPT port from Mister House...
  • From: "Jack Edin" <jack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 18:00:22 -0000

--- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, Gregg Liming <gregg@l...> wrote:

> I'm totally lost here... Why would you want to mix x10 into this?

Just for testing.

> My impression was that you were interested in sending xPL to John's
new
> IO app--which doesn't speak x10.  Perhaps you could elaborate.

I want a way to see the relay(s) trip without having to mouse or type
something. I could grab an X10 Palmpad and git 'r done.

> The following function should allow you to send data via xPL to
> John's client:
>
> # this sub takes device control data in hex and sends out
<SNIP>

> The above will show up in mh voice cmd menus.

There is another example of why I need to load up Windows2000 instead
of Win98se - the speach recognition doesn't work.

> BTW: If you need much more in the way of mh-specific help, you might
> want to shift your inquiries over to the mh list to lesson traffic
> that most of this lists' participants probably don't care about.
> I'll answer there too.

Point taken.

I'm hoping John'll see and read these posts as well. Sorry for
everybody else...

> > Any reason his client couldn't run along side of Mister House, on
the
> > same machine?
>
> I don't see a reason why not.  However, you may need to use the very
> latest xPL hub if John's app relies/assumes usage of the very
latest.

I guess I need to do some more reading. I don't know what an xPL hub
IS. Or where to get the latest one. Or how to turn mh's hub on or
off, etc.

> The mh hub was compliant up to the most recent discussions (in the
last
> month) affecting hub operations.  If you use another hub, then
either
> turn off the mh hub or start mh after another hub is running.

This would make an interesting reality TV show, but they already have
one named "LOST!"

I'm lost!

;-)

Jack