Re: Is xPL the ideal work-around? Need to access the LPT port from Mister House...

  • Subject: Re: Is xPL the ideal work-around? Need to access the LPT port from Mister House...
  • From: "Jack Edin" <jack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 03:22:13 -0000

--- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, Gregg Liming <gregg@l...> wrote:

> Quoting Jack Edin (10/23/05 5:35 PM):
>
> > This could be modified to work it MY way.
>
> If *you* do it (i.e., make the code changes).  John is suggesting
and
> possibly offering to work on a xPL client app to perform generic I/O
> services (which does sound really cool).  But, there must still
exist
> some mh client application that can talk the xPL Control.Basic
schema
> that is being proposed if you intend to logically control the on/off
> controls via mh.

I understand there may or may not be a client/server relationship...

John's xPL client will listen on the ethernet for commands & data to
pass to the LPT port.

Mister House needs to send the data to the client. I get this...

I know I will need some help with the mh pa_control.pl to get room
support doing this MY way, etc.

Gregg you seem to know much on both the xPL and the mh side of
things. John will, hopefully, write the client. Any chance you could
help with the mh side???

My Halloween deadline looms. I'm purchased *ALL* the hardware...

Thanks again,

Jack
:)