RE: Schema definitions -- a discussion

  • Subject: RE: Schema definitions -- a discussion
  • From: "Ian Lowe" <ianlowe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 23:53:31 +0100

Okay, reading this a bit more.. It sounds like we have a hybrid of XML/XSD
here.

XSD just seems to be W3C's version of a schema language - but it's
structure
would seem to do what we want. It seems though that an XSD is used for is
checking whether an XML document conforms to the schema, rather than the
general usage we are looking for.

There are VS tools (and I am guessing Java tools also) for handling XML and
extracting/setting values etc - are there similar tools for XSDs?

I.