Re: plugin XML files

Howdy,

Looks good to me (though there is only one location tag, but I'm guessing
that is because it's only hosted in one place right now).  Might this be a
reason to bump the version= tag on the root element?

And as a help (if it would be one), I'd be happy to host a copy of the
plugins.xml file on a server I have here.  You could add a

<location url="http://www.xPL4Java.org/plugins"/>

to the list and let me know when it's updated (I've put a dummy version in
place now for any testing).  I'll write a script on my server to fetch the
file from the master site periodically to keep it up to date.

Gerry

John B wrote:
> Hi Gerry,
>
> Apologies for the delay - I basically forgot all about this!
>
> I made the changes, but never uploaded the new file.
>
> I've uploaded it to the backup location:
>
> http://www.xpl.myby.co.uk/support/xplhalweb/plugins.xml
>
> Have a look over it and let me know if you think we need to make any
> further amendments.
>
> When you're happy with it, we'll upload it to the primary download
> location as well.
>
> Thanks,
>
> John

Behalf Of Gerry Duprey
>>Sent: 21 October 2005 15:49
>>To: ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx
>>Subject: Re: [ukha_xpl] plugin XML files
>>
>>Howdy John,
>>

>>>Great idea, and the addition of extra tags shouldn't break
>>
>>current apps.
>>
>>>How about something like:
>>>
>>><locations>
>>> <location url="http://www.xplproject.org.uk/plugins";