Cant install xPLHal

Well I've had a wonderful day. My computer that runs my automation crashed
on me. I have been rebuilding today but have run into a problem I hope
someone can help me with.

I cannot get xPLHal to run. It will go through the install process fine,
but the server never starts. W800, Medusa and xplHomvision installed fine
and W800 and Medusa will run as a service. When I run the manager it tells
me that the xPLHal service is not running on this machine. If I try to run
it by double clicking on it I get the error message that it cannot be run
from a command line.

So I downloaded the install program again to make sure I had a good copy.
When trying to install from it it tells me that there is another version
already installed and has to be un installed first. I go into the control
panel and try to uninstall it and I get this error message:

Exceptions occurred while initializing the installation:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File or assembly name
xPLHal.exe or one of its dependencies not found.

And then another box comes up with:
Fatal error during installation.

So I am stuck. I cannot get it uninstalled completely and therefore I
cannot reinstall it.

George M