Re: xPL4JAVA

Howdy,

>         Would just like to thank Gerry for helping me offlist
recently in
> getting xPL4Java running and also jRGBLED ....Now just got to wait for
the

And my thanks back at you -- Frank helped find a few bugs that were
difficult to figure out from here, but with his willingness to keep trying
things and reporting back, xPL4Java has had a really good platform
shakeout.

> hardware and hopefully will have some rgb garden lites soon
;-))........

You and me both -- I'm getting pretty cheesed off at Maxim right now (the
only part left we need, but one I can't get from anyone else).

> Also downloaded XPE to have a look , but not really sure what to do
with
> it...I assume it can create a plugin file (xml ?) for new devices ???

Exactly -- if you are a creator of new xPL devices (software or hardware),
XPE is meant to help simplify the process to create a plugin and help
element potential errors making it a lot more likely your plugin will work
first time it's deployed.  Or at least that is the hope :-)  If someone
doesn't create new xPL devices, they probably won't have much use for it
though.

Gerry
--
Gerry Duprey