Logo Competition Update - Call for new entrants, extending closing date, and now... A Prize!

  • Subject: Logo Competition Update - Call for new entrants, extending closing date, and now... A Prize!
  • From: "Ian Lowe" <ianlowe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 13:05:23 -0000

Okay folks -

We have had a flurry of voting (although not enough considering how many
subscribers there are!), however, I have an important announcement to make:

Frank has kindly donated a prize for the winner of the logo competition.
So,
as well as the obvious geek pride of having designed the new xPL logo, the
winner will now also get to be the happy owner of a FirM Jr infra red
distribution system!

Details of Frank's FirM Jr system can be found here:
http://www.armaghelectrical.com.au/page8.html

Just to be fair, Frank and I have agreed that we should stop the current
poll, and re-open the competition for new entrants for a week - so if you
are wishing that you had come up with a cool logo, but didn't get round to
it - now is your chance. (and I hope the person who voted "get back to
the
drawing board" will now rise to their own challenge!!)

At that point, we'll re-start the poll and get that new logo.

Ian.