Re: Quick schema queries

Oh, sorry - when I read "\n" I thought you meant chr(10).
Writing "\n"
in full - chr(92)chr(110) - is fine.

'{' and '}' are valid characters in values without any escaping - the
email discusion concluded that chr(10){chr(10) was always the way that
the structural version would appear in a message.

Mal

Ian Lowe wrote:

> That was kinda lifted from the emails that flew about..
>
> I can see your point, although, I'm not sure that "\n{\n"
equals
> "chr(10){chr(10)" - we already use "\n" within the
value of OSD messages
> that span lines on an LCD without problems.
>
> On a re-read of the mail exchanges, it would appear that "{"
and "}"
> should
> be valid in a message without any need to escape them.
>
> I'll edit the document to suit.
>
> Ian.

appearing within the data
> section of a name/value pair should be "escaped", thus:
*\n{\n*."

> That doesn't seem right to me - the \n character terminates the line
(and
> the value).  Embedding it in a value will cause some message parsers
> fail.
>
> Also, \n{\n is the pattern you get with the structural elements - so
it
> can't be the way to "escape" a { character.
>
> Mal
>
> Ian Lowe wrote:
>
> > > I didn't update the wiki because I thought Ian said that he
would
> > > and
> > because it seemed quite a drastic change when > I looked - the
"Notes"
> > paragraph mentions case-insensitive several times.
> >
> > Yep, there was a lot of ambiguity there. The Wiki text has been
> > "sharpened"
> > up quite a bit.
> >
> > I'd appreciate some eyes over this in the next few days:
> >
> > http://wiki.xplproject.org.uk/index.php/XPL_Specification_Document
> >
> > Cheers!
> >
> > >Gerry and Mal seemed to think that it was a reasonable
interpretation.

Message: ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx