Re: Re: insteon - Gregg

Quoting bmccall1930 (11/21/05 9:33 AM):
> --- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, Gregg Liming <gregg@l...> wrote:
>
>>Quoting bmccall1930 (11/20/05 5:23 PM):
>>
>>>Has anyone had any experince using insteon from smarthome?
>>
>>Yes.  IMO, very good stuff (however, I do not yet have them under
>>insteon protocol control).  I have approx 6 insteon devices now
>
> being
>
>>controlled via x10.
>>

>>>If so, is it
>>>compatible with xpl and xplhal?
>>
>>...out of the box--no.  I would expect that a connector could be
>
> written
>
>>for xPL.  One resource that might prove useful is
>>http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/common/iplcd.
 I anticipate

> pursuing
>
>>this direction.
>>

> Are you aware of any similar site which is interested in insteon and
> windows xp?

... short answer: no.

I will have access to the insteon developers forum once my SDK arrives.
If I run across anything that addresses your platform need above, then
I'll pass it on.  Also, if for some reason the iplcd daemon referenced
above doesn't address my needs, I may consider writing a connector w/
Gerry's xPL4java framework.  If this occurs, I'll also let you know.