RE: Re: How can I stop the machine debugger from starting when an asp page is starte

  • Subject: RE: Re: How can I stop the machine debugger from starting when an asp page is starte
  • From: "Michael Avanessian" <mkanet@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 19:01:40 -0800

Sorry I missed your earlier post.

I unregistered xpl_asp.dll from my "C:\Program
> Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server
extensions\50\isapi"
directory, moved it to c:\windows\system32 and registered it there.

When I tried to start the script, my web browser gave me the following
error:
HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error
Internet Information Services

* Error Type:
Server object, ASP 0177 (0x800401F3)
Invalid class string
/x-10/send/fanon.asp, line 2

I even rebooted and it still gave that error.

So, I unreg'ed it and moved it back to where I got it from and registered
it
there.

Now, I can't execute xPL scripts at all via my web browser!!  I still get
the above error!  I swear, that's the only change I did, and put it back
exactly.

I definitely need it working again, even if it starts the machine debugger.
Can you or somebody else help me please?  I've included my scripts in this
email, just if case.

Alternatively, maybe (with some help) I can replace all of this entirely
with the method you use.  If it's not too much to ask, maybe you could help
me get started with your method.  Is your xpl_asp.dll a different version
than mine?  Maybe I have a debug version?  Why would mine be in a different
dir than yours?  I never put it there, so somehow it got automatically
installed ...just not sure how and why yours is in a different location.

I cant thank you guys enough for helping me, I really would be lost without
your help!