Re: Re: Look ma, no hub?

  • Subject: Re: Re: Look ma, no hub?
  • From: "Paul Robinson" <ukcueman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 20:26:49 -0000

Strikes me the real problem is the requirement for *all* apps to comply.
You need to add
this new knowledge to all apps you're going to run; existing linux apps
would all need to
be updated.

If you wanted to run just one app that didn't implement this right, it
would fail. And to
work around that, you'd have to kill all your currently-running apps and
them make them
run with a hub.

I don't think the benefit-cost ratio is particularly good here.

Paul