RE: UK Sky Digibox protocol...

  • Subject: RE: UK Sky Digibox protocol...
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 21:19:51 -0000

Hi Ian,

> I have been able to figure out a whole chunk of it, I'm just wondering
if
> anyone fancies giving me a hand?
>
> The digibox sends data at 57600,8,n,1 every ten seconds or so, in
roughly
> this format:

Very interested in what you find out. At the moment my efforts are aimed
towards controlling SKY boxes so I will chuck in some info regarding IR
codes to control SKY/SKY+

SKY uses a variant of the Philips RC6 protocol which is RC6 Mode6.

The device is 8 bits, the system is 4 bits and the command is 8 bits so 20
bits in total therefore this variant is known as RC6-6-20

Command codes for both boxes are the same, the only difference being the
System number.

I have listed all the codes below but obviously some do not apply to normal
SKY.

The buttons marked "User Defined" are the ones that control your
TV so are
not really SKY buttons.

SKY Plus   RC6-6-20 Device=0 System=12

SKY Normal RC6-6-20 Device=0 System=0

Button		Code
0			0
1			1
2			2
3			3
4			4
5			5
6			6
7			7
8			8
9			9
Back Up		131
Blue			112
Box Office		125
Channel Down	33
Channel Up		32
Fast Forward	40
Green			110
Help			129
Info			203
Interactive		245
Menu Down		89
Menu Left		90
Menu Right		91
Menu Up		88
Mute         	User Defined
Pause			36
Play			62
Power			12
Record		64
Red			109
Rewind		61
Select		92
Services		126
SKY			128
Stop			63
Text			60
TV			132
TV Guide		204
Volume Down		User Defined
Volume Up       	User Defined
Yellow		111

Hope the info is useful. I am definately interested in getting feedback
from
the boxes.

Regards

Keith