RE: Pause Question

Hi Frank,

> Ok ......I see......
>
> > Hope this all makes sense - if I'm correct in my
> understanding of what
> > you're trying to do, it should eliminate the need for the
> sub-routine
> > to update the global first, so you shouldn't need any delays etc.
>
> Yep sure does ....I need 3 Determinators for each lite

I guess so, as I'm guessing your HV variable names don't match up with
the C-Bus group addresses?

Otherwise you could just use the incoming device= parameter in the
trigger message as the name of the HV variable in the action, so you'd
only need 3 determinators to cover all your lights.
E.g. (forgive me if this won't work - I no nothing about HV variables):

Suppose the trigger message contains device=3 (i.e. C-Bus group address
3), in the action you could use
CBUS_{XPL::DEVICE} as the name of the HV variable - that way the new
C-Bus level would be written to the HV variable called CBUS_3.

But if that won't work, then there should be no problem with you
creating 3 determinators for each light.

There is no specific limit to the number of determinators you can
create, and as determinators are much more efficient than the VBScript
subsystem, you should be able to get away with a lot of determinators
before noticing any problems with performance.

Regards,

John