Re: xPLHal Manager - outstanding bugs

Along a similar vein, is there anyway of getting the xPLDEVCOM and
xPLHVISION to automatically load at startup (following a small
delay) or periodically anytime they are not loaded.

There may be another way of doing this outside of of XplHal Manager
(if so can someone tell me) but the problem I encounter is that when
I load these services using startup in windows they won't load
properly because Homevision is not yet fully loaded (loaded by
HVtray monitor) so they have to be manually loaded following
successful HV startup. This is not that big a problem in itself,
however, if for some reason they are not loaded (ie someone else
restarts the PC) or for some reasons they stop these services from
running in the system tray, obviously the W800 no longer works.

Just a suggestion

Thanks
Glen

--- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, "Frank Mc Alinden" <frankmc@i...>
wrote:
> Hi John
>             A late addition for an enhancement  request...
>
> This one is for the w800 users ..Bobs request .........
>
> Apparently when batteries are replaced in the x10 wireless ds10
switches
> they get assigned a new address so Bob wants to store the address
in a
> Global  and ref the address via another Global ...?? Below is his
> post....Mal might be able to clarify or Bob if hes around
>
> >I don't suppose there's any way to set a variable equal to the
device
> >address in a global type of area and then use the variable in the
> >determinator.  That way, when a device has a new address, you
could
> >just go in one place and change the address and everything would
> >work.  Just a thought?
>
> Frank

Determinator