xPL newbie (still!) needs help with xPL_HomeVision (detecting variable change)..

  • Subject: xPL newbie (still!) needs help with xPL_HomeVision (detecting variable change)..
  • From: "fondlezz" <amkilgore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 07:59:33 -0000

Hi all,

Last night I sat down and decided to try this whole xPL thing again.
Now either it's got more idiot-proof or I've got wiser - I'm guessing
the former.

Anyway, as a simple test I wanted to create a determiator that would
detect whenever a particular periodic event fired (every minute) and
display a message on my Squeezebox. And, lo and behold, it worked!!!

OK, next step - the periodic event increments a variable so I scrapped
my initial determiator and put together a new one pretty much similar
to the first but with a "variable" condition rather than a
"periodic".

First question:
What kind of expressions can I do with CURRENT=...?
Is it just = or can I use <, > etc...?
Can I use the * wildcard...? e.g. "CURRENT = *"

Regardless of this, the determinator never fires.
I started xPL_HomeVision with /debug, switched views and
"watched"
what was happening. I could see the periodic event firing but nothing
for the variable. However, when I did a "Resync" xPL_HomeVision
noticed that the variable had changed. Is this the way it should be...?

Is there anything I need to enable in the HV software other than
DDE...? (I noticed various reporting options but none of these are
enabled).

Last thing: even when I do the manual resync, the determinator doesn't
fire - not sure why this is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,
Andy.