Re: xPL Front End

Hi Frank,

Yes i read about this previously on here. I've seen some very nice
commercial stuff but i'm pretty handy with interface design (due to
work) so i thought the only way i could get something together that
my wife can successfully operate was to design and build it myself
with her input.

I wouldn't say that would make it foolproof cause someone always
comes along and builds a better fool ;)

Cheers

Steve

--- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, "Frank Mc Alinden" <frankmc@i...>
wrote:
> Hi  Steve
>             Looks good..........Have been looking at CQC software
for a
> front end...A commercial product but looks quite good..
>
> http://www.cbusforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=809
>
> http://www.charmedquark.com/
>
> Frank

this is the 7" touch screen
> > interface i've knocked up i had this working roughly, talking
> > directly to the x10 controller but was having problems with the
> > preset dim commands etc.
> >
> > Mal Lansell kindly emailed me regarding his c++ library, im
currently
> > planning to use his and others contributions as a research source
for
> > my efforts.
> >
> > I'm going to set up xPL over the weekend and see if i can get
this
> > app talking xPL i'll keep you posted with my progress.
> >
> > I'm not sure if anything i write will be useful to others but
i'll be
> > posting source etc to a site once i have something working
smoothly.

> > If any ones interested this app will be running on a touchscreen
> > bought from mini-itx.com and have since mounted in the wall
during
> > the decorating stage (getting vga and usb 10 metres from the
kitchen
> > to the control cupboard was fun by the way). I'll also be
building a
> > higher resolution version to run on a airpanel once i have this
one
> > nailed. As the touchscreens mounted in the wall i need to
complete it
> > first in order to gain TWA (technical wife approval).
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Steve Noyce
> >
> > --- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, "Frank Mc Alinden"
<frankmc@i...>
> > wrote:
> > > Hi Steve
> > >             Welcome aboard........
airpanel)
when i
yet but
if i
looks like
> > ill be
comms
stuff
> > so i
> > >
> > > This sounds interesting ,some of the guys are using the
> > w800.....keep us all
> > > posted

> > i'de be
> > >
> > > Just post any questions you have , things are a bit slow
here at
> > the moment,
> > > as most of the software guys are very busy, but someone im
sure
> > will assist
> > > with any issues you may have.
> > >
> > > Frank