Re: xPL Front End

Thanks for the response frank, i've been putting together the first
test interface to use in my xPL communication tests.
http://www.vcbpro.co.uk/grab1.jpg
this is the 7" touch screen
interface i've knocked up i had this working roughly, talking
directly to the x10 controller but was having problems with the
preset dim commands etc.

Mal Lansell kindly emailed me regarding his c++ library, im currently
planning to use his and others contributions as a research source for
my efforts.

I'm going to set up xPL over the weekend and see if i can get this
app talking xPL i'll keep you posted with my progress.

I'm not sure if anything i write will be useful to others but i'll be
posting source etc to a site once i have something working smoothly.

If any ones interested this app will be running on a touchscreen i
bought from mini-itx.com and have since mounted in the wall during
the decorating stage (getting vga and usb 10 metres from the kitchen
to the control cupboard was fun by the way). I'll also be building a
higher resolution version to run on a airpanel once i have this one
nailed. As the touchscreens mounted in the wall i need to complete it
first in order to gain TWA (technical wife approval).

Cheers

Steve Noyce

--- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, "Frank Mc Alinden" <frankmc@i...>
wrote:
> Hi Steve
>             Welcome aboard........
> > I was in the process of building a skinnable interface
application
> > that talked to a cm12 and a w800 directly through the com port
> > (specifically for use on a 7" touchscreen and an airpanel)
when i
> > discovered xPL by accident. I havent started testing yet but if i
> > understand xPL's features/capabilities correctly it looks like
ill be
> > starting again using xPL to handle all the low level comms stuff
so i
> > can concentrate on the flashy interface side of it.
>
> This sounds interesting ,some of the guys are using the
w800.....keep us all

<fmcalind@b...>
> > wrote:
> > > I take it then thats a no ;-(