xPLMediaNet Latest

  • Subject: xPLMediaNet Latest
  • From: "Tony Tofts" <tony@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 07:40:31 -0000

Hi all,

Haven't made much progress so far as I was working all last weekend

However all the music sources are now completed (other than the
buffer/stream code to pass a shoutcast stream to a client in shoutcast.dll)

The modular approach seems to be working well, as when it came to creating
BROWSE.dll it was just a case of changing 25 or so lines of code from a
copy
of another source module :-)

Particularly pleased with the browse module as the same module can be
loaded
multiple times to support the browsing of music, pictures and movies. Also,
if you wanted, you could load it even more times to provide separate browse
options like browse for mp3 only etc

The menu structure is quite efficient, as it only passes back details of
the
items that will be displayed (e.g. slim = 2, rio = 4, mvp = 10 or so etc,
also a web interface could specify 20 or whatever for paging). I've
included
an option for storing the whole list of items too, since the browse option
would be very inefficient if it had to do a full directory listing of the
current folder even if you only moved a single item below/above the current
displayed page.

Next priority is to complete the Rio client module and shoutcast source
streaming. Loads to do on this, including xpl control/status etc

After that the priority is an initial web interface module.

At this point I may ask for a couple of rio/ddar users to give it a spin to
see how they get on with it (probably in the form of an exe rather than a
service for testing purposes)

Regards
Tony