Re: Socket problems

Arrrggghhhh!!!! WTF is going on?!!!
(erm, as you can tell, it's been a bit of a hair-pulling evening)

The xPLHal service starts automatically.
If I start xPLHal Manager, with hub disabled, but then start the
xPLHal Monitor, the xPL port gets taken by xPLHal Manager (I assume
it must do this because there is no hub).

So - I start in this order:
xPLHal Service
xPLHal Manager
My app
xPLHal Monitor

This order mean my app gets to be hub (since the xPLHal built-in hub
is disabled).  According to Ethereal, everything works properly -
xPLHal takes port 50000, my app port 50001, and xPLHal Monitor port
50002.  Every message sent to port 3865 is then sent out to 50000,
50001, and 50002.  So far so good.

If I use the built-in hub in xPLHal, the only packets listed are
being sent to port 3865.  Nothing is going to 50000 etc.  This seems
so weird - I've been using this as my hub for ages!

I wanted to try the newer standalone hub (downloaded from John's
site), but I can't get it to work - the installer seems to be messed
up :-(

Mal

--- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, "Mal Lansell" <mlansell@f...>

<tomvdp@g...>