Re: globalAction to change global variable in the determinator problems

Really sad that I am the only person in this thread! But I have sorted
my problem and wanted to share the solution with others.

The solution was to download and install microsoft script control.
I assume because I am runnign windows NT without many updates that this
hasnt been installed before, I assume people who use windows day in day
out will have installed this at some point before wanting to install
xplhal.

Found the solution for the problem by searching for

0E59F1D5-1FBE-11D0-8FF2-00A0D10038BC on google, this is the CLSID of the
scripting control. Thought it would be a bit of a long shot but I installed
it and it worked!

Perhaps this should be in an FAQ?

Cheers

John Gorst wrote:

>gorstj2000 wrote:
>
>I have noticed the following error in the error log. Does this help
>track down the problem with updating global variables?
>
>Sun 20/03/05 21:29:16 : Error setting global LOUNGEX10: COM object with
>CLSID {0E59F1D5-1FBE-11D0-8FF2-00A0D10038BC} is either not valid or not
>registered.
>Sun 20/03/05 21:29:16 : Error setting global LOUNGETEXT: COM object
with
>CLSID {0E59F1D5-1FBE-11D0-8FF2-00A0D10038BC} is either not valid or not
>registered.
>Sun 20/03/05 21:31:09 : Unable to (re)Load Scripts, original scripts
>restored (COM object with CLSID {0E59F1D5-1FBE-11D0-8FF2-00A0D10038BC}
>is either not valid or not registered.)
>
>I only stumbled upon the error log when I tried to reload scripts in
>xplmanager. Where is the error log stored?
>
>Cheers
>

>>I have generated the following determinator with xplhalmgr
>>
>>It works to a point, ie it executes when it reiveves the slimserver
ir
>>xpl message. It runs the osd.basic section correctly. However it
>>doesnt change the global variables - is there a problem in the way
the
>>determinator is setting it up?
>>
>>Cheers
>>
>><?xml version="1.0" standalone="no"?>
>><xplDeterminator>
>> <determinator name="Lounge 1  A1 tall lamp"
description="" enabled="Y">
>>   <input match="all">
>>     <xplCondition display_name="1"
msg_type="trig"
>>source_vendor="slimdev"
source_device="slimserv"
>>source_instance="lounge" target_vendor="*"
target_device="*"
>>target_instance="*" schema_class="remote"
schema_type="basic">
>>       <param name="keys" operator="="
value="1de2b24d" />
>>     </xplCondition>
>>   </input>
>>   <output>
>>     <globalAction executeOrder="0"
display_name="loungex10 to a1"
>>name="LOUNGEX10" value="A1" />
>>     <globalAction executeOrder="1"
display_name="loungetext to tall
>>lamp" name="LOUNGETEXT" value="Tall lamp"
/>
>>     <xplAction executeOrder="2"
display_name="New Action"
>>msg_type="cmnd"
msg_target="SLIMDEV-SLIMSERV.LOUNGE"
>>msg_schema="osd.basic">
>>       <xplActionParam expression="command=clear"
/>
>>       <xplActionParam expression="text=\n{LOUNGETEXT} is
selected" />