Re: Re: medusa cm11 or x10.basic bug?

Found it.

It seems the time the CM11 (or CM12) waits before flagging it is ready
for a next command is directly related to the brightness level...

An X10 communication PC -> CM11 typically goes like this (simplified,
checksums left out for clarity):

PC: device address
CM11: OK
PC: brightness + function
CM11: OK

The PC cannot send (next) data before the CM11 has sent its OK.

Brightness level -- millisecs before CM11 raises OK flag:
100 -- 4927

The initial timeout to wait for the OK flag was set to 2000 ms.  That
is why it started to fail for brightness values > 40.

Why does the CM11 behave like that ?  Maybe it takes up to 5 secs to
dim a lamp from 0 to 100% and the CM11 takes the responsability to
stop any more X10 commands until it is sure the BRIGHT command is
finished ?  That is the only plausible explanation I can think of.

Anyway, I have updated the source & binaries on my site.  Please
uninstall and re-install the new version.

Let me know if it works better now!

Regards,
Tom
http://users.pandora.be/see/ha/