Re: xPLMediaNet Seems to Work!

  • Subject: Re: xPLMediaNet Seems to Work!
  • From: "Mal Lansell" <mlansell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 12:56:34 -0000

This is all very exciting :-)

I'm probably getting a little ahead of the game here, but I was
thinking about my half-written xPL-VideoLan service, which now seems
to be an obvious candidate for xPLMediaNet integration.

To play a DVD image, I have to first mount the ISO file as a drive
using Daemon tools or Nero ImageDrive.  The I spawn a VideoLan
client to play it, with xPL commands being converted to messages
sent to VideoLan via its socket interface.

If this were to be adapted for xPLMediaNet, would the ISO mounting
part be best implemented as source module?  Or should it be a
transcoder - converting the request for an ISO into a simulated disk
drive.  I know it may seem odd to think of it as a transcoder, but I
wondered if it is actually a better fit?

Mal

--- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, "Tony Tofts" <tony@x> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Have got a working Rio client (mp3/flac/ogg only at the moment)
playing