Re: Newbie to xpl

Here are a few of the things that I use xpl for

1. Incoming calls are reported by my meteor caller id unit then forwarded
on to display devices in the house and also stored in a database so I can
access the information later on.

2. When someone rings the doorbell homevision (my home controller box)
report it via xpl and I then capture a picture from the video server and
also send a text message to my phone.  The same happens when someone
disarms the alarm system.

3. All my music in the mornings is controlled by xpl, it send commands and
songlists to the rio receivers which play my wake up music in the morning.
Each track played is also record in a database so I can compile a chart and
then the track and title are displayed on the tvosd and vfd units.

There are lots of other things that I do as well but hopefully that gives
you a flavour.

Steve

"erik_leee"
<erik_leee@ya        To:     ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx
hoo.com>             cc:
Subject:     [ukha_xpl] Newbie to xpl
10/03/2005
18:33
Please
respond to
ukha_xpl

Can someone give me some examples of how they have used xpl.  I am
very interested in this project, but I don't know where to start.  I
want to find some hardware to play with.  I ran across it because
asterisk@home has it built in.  I'm very curious.  Thank you in
advance.

xPL Links: http://www.xplproject.org.uk http://www.xplhal.com
http://www.xpl.myby.co.uk