Re: XPL-LCD

----- Original Message -----
From: "Frank Mc Alinden" <fmcalind@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2005 8:32 PM
Subject: Re: [ukha_xpl] XPL-LCD

> Hi Mal
>
>> Presumably the entire menu structure and text strings would not be
stored
> on
>> the PIC (just the current display)
>
> My intension at this stage is to have the menu system stored in the
pic
> and
> a fixed Menu............
>
> Im now thinking it  would be better to be able to re conf the menus

To me it all depends on how the device is connected to the rest of the
world.  If it plugs into a PC, then I'd say that it may as well be a dumb
terminal, with all the smarts in the xPL connector application - that way
maximum flexibility is retained (so long as response times are not
compromised)

If connects to the LAN directly, and hanfles xPL messages itself, then all
the menu handling should be on the PIC itself.