Re: Problems with xpl_x10cache and xplhal_globals

  • Subject: Re: Problems with xpl_x10cache and xplhal_globals
  • From: John Gorst <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 12:06:38 +0100

Tony Tofts wrote:

>Hi John,
>
>I think the issue with x10 cache is very odd
>
>The manager is showing unknown due to the -2 state (-2 is an xplhal
value
>for unknown state)
>
>The state should be 2 or 3 (not -2) for on/off
>
>The only instance where it can get set to -2 is when loading devices
(xplhal
>startup) the state <> 2 or 3
>
>Can you try shutting shown xplhal, and editing the x10 cache xml to
state=2
>(or 3)
>
>And start up xplhal and then see what the manager does when you turn a
>device off/on and refresh please?
>
>Having said all this, when you turn a device off/on I'd expect the
cache to
>get written with a 2 or 3 for the particular device... So not sure
what's
>going on!

Thanks for the reply.
Just tried the above, but oddly the state=2 when I shut it down.

So I fired it back up, and it said that the device was on. So I tunred
it off in xplhal manager, restarted the service and it was saying the
device was 'on'. So I stitched it off in xplhal and it then updated to
off. I then refreshed the view and it said it was on again!!! Ahhgggg!

The fact I am running NT4 has caused problems before, does that give you
any ideas? Could it be a permissions issue? What user should I be
running xplhal as?

Cheers