RE: xplrionet/xplmedianet

  • Subject: RE: xplrionet/xplmedianet
  • From: "Tony Tofts" <tony@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 17:39:39 +0100

> Anyway, will this support AAC streams (Transcoded is ok) -
> 48kbps aac streams actually sound ok, and work ok thru the
> shitty 256k "broadband" that I am on.
>
> Also, how about playing local musepack (.mpc) files? doable?

Hi Richard,

Xplrionet is dead in the water, but the design of xplmedianet means stuff
like this should be easy to add (providing they can be done!)

Unfortunately work and personal issues are keeping me from finishing
xplmedianet at the moment (a shame as it's so nearly complete) but I will
get back to it asap as I want to use it! Once it is released it'll be easy
to add new music (or video/picture) sources - simply a case of dropping in
new dll.

Haven't had a great deal of feedback on the xplmedianet release I made to a
few people, so not sure if that's because it's shite or because it's fine -
or more likely, like me, they don't have the time to test either.

Unfortunately I think it'll be at least another few weeks before I can even
think about getting back to it

Regards
Tony