Problems with xpl_x10cache and xplhal_globals

  • Subject: Problems with xpl_x10cache and xplhal_globals
  • From: John Gorst <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 11:32:44 +0100

I have a had a few problems with xplhal since starting to use it several
months ago and I think I am slowly getting to the bottom of it.

The two problems were:
1) every time I restart the comptuter (side effect of running windows!)
all my global variables are lost and I need to reenter them
2) the status of x10 devices is not updated when x10 events happen
either internally or externally

I think I have found were this data is stored:
c:\program files\xPLHal\Data\
In xplhal_x10cache.xml and xplglobals.xml

These two files are virtually empty. The last time they were edited was
on the 18/05/05 which was when I rebooted the server last (I suppose
windows isnt /that/ unreliable!).

Contents of xplhal_x10cache.xml:
<x10cache/>

Contents of xplglobals.xml: (I have around 10 globals set up)
<globals>
<global name="PERIOD" value="0"/>
<global name="MODE" value="0"/>
</globals>

According to Windows NT permissions access control is set at
everyone=full control
The service is running on a system account

Any help gratefully received as I think the reason why these files arent
being edited is the root of my problems!

Cheers