Re: Problems with xpl_x10cache and xplhal_globals

John Gorst wrote:

>I have a had a few problems with xplhal since starting to use it
several
>months ago and I think I am slowly getting to the bottom of it.
>
>The two problems were:
>1) every time I restart the comptuter (side effect of running windows!)
>all my global variables are lost and I need to reenter them
>2) the status of x10 devices is not updated when x10 events happen
>either internally or externally
>
>I think I have found were this data is stored:
>c:\program files\xPLHal\Data\
>In xplhal_x10cache.xml and xplglobals.xml
>
>These two files are virtually empty. The last time they were edited was
>on the 18/05/05 which was when I rebooted the server last (I suppose
>windows isnt /that/ unreliable!).
>
>Contents of xplhal_x10cache.xml:
><x10cache/>
>
>Contents of xplglobals.xml: (I have around 10 globals set up)
><globals>
><global name="PERIOD" value="0"/>
><global name="MODE" value="0"/>
></globals>
>
>According to Windows NT permissions access control is set at
>everyone=full control
>The service is running on a system account
>
>Any help gratefully received as I think the reason why these files
arent
>being edited is the root of my problems!
>
>Cheers

Seem to have solved the forgetting global variables by running the
things as the administrator account (although this seems like a bad
idea[tm]!!!)

Still having no luck with the x10cache. Whenever I switch on or off a
lamp either with a script or with a x10 transciever this does not have
any affect on the x10 status page even if I refresh the page. If I
switch on/off a lamp  using the buttons within xplhal then the state is
change to on or off, but as soon as I refresh the view it goes back to
saying unknown. It seems that xplhal only saves to the .xml page when
stopping the service which seems a bit odd, but here is the latest
output of xplhal_x10cache.xml

<x10cache>
<x10 house="A" device="A2" label="Tall"
level="0" active="False"
state="-2" location="0" change="6/6/05 11:48:16
AM" expires="6/6/05
11:48:16 AM" timeout="0" devicetype="0"
islight="True" dimtype="0"
tracksdimlevel="False" resumedim="False"
selected="False" offimage=""
onimage=""/>
</x10cache>

Is it normal for the change= and expires= to have the same date and
time? What is state -2?
Once I get this all working is it possible for xplhal to trace the dim
level of the lamp?

Cheers