Re: Event Log error for XPLCM12: Could not find file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\xplhubclients.bin".

The only problem is that it logs something in the eventlog. For the rest
the
V3 hub leaves any other hub doing its job. It is foreseen that the feature
to automatically start a hub can be switched off (foreseen in xpllib that
is). Any xpl app can make this feature configurable. But xplcm12 doesn't
implement it (neither my xplcm11).
Which hub version is it that is "started but non-functional" ?
Check the number of questions there were in the past about the hub... those
are *precisely* the sort of questions that could have been avoided with v3.
I am trying to help somebody here and you intervene only to say you dislike
the way v3 works. That is not very constructive - on the contrary.
Tom

On 7/31/05, Ian Lowe <ian.lowe@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Guys - This is *precisely* the sort of situation we wanted to avoid
when
> the decision *NOT* to have all apps hub capable was first made.
>
> If the CM12 service cannot "see" a non v3 Hub, then it needs
to be fixed
> - or have it's own Hub functionality removed (which would be better,
in
> my opinion)
>
> I am now seeing a reason for the odd behaviour I have on my xPLHal PC
at
> present - if the PC is restarted, the Hub is started but
non-functional.
> I have to stop/restart the Hub, then each of the Apps manually in
order
> to work... But this problem only appeared with the v3 hub installed.
>
> Ian.

hub" ?
> > Then another xpl application is already hubbing and it is not a
V3 hub

> > (V3
> >
> > is the latest version). Maybe xplhal. If this is the case then
your
> > system
> >
> > may be unstable because the boot order of the applications could
have
> > an influence. If the CM12 is the last to boot then there are no
> > problems because it will not crash because another hub is already
> > running. Another xpl application might not like it when the CM12
has
> > already started a hub and it wants to do the same. John and I
have
> > discussed this issue and foreseen a switch so that you can
prevent the

> > automatical starting of a V3
> >
> > hub. Alas, I checked both our sources and none of us have
implemented
> > the configuration option...
> > -- There is no other error in the EventLog Weird stuff then. It
would
> > mean the CM12 started a V3 hub. This would also
> >
> > mean that xplhal has DisableHub=Y in its configuration file. And
for
> > some reason the hub is unable to save its hubclients-file when it
> shuts down...
> > I think it is probably the first scenario.
> > A neat tool to check which applications have which ports open can
be
> > found
> >
> > here: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/cports.html
> > Check which application is listening for UDP on 3865. That is the
hub.

> > Sidenote to others: what version of xpllib is the current release
of
> > xplhal
> >
> > using ? I thought it was V3 too ?
> > Cheers
> > Tom
> >

> > On 7/31/05, mkanet@xxxxxxx <mkanet@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > Although, everything seems to work. I noticed that I am
consistently

> > > getting the below error message. Can somebody tell me how to
make
> > > this error go away? Do I need to manually copy this file?
Where can
> > > I find
> > this
> > > file?
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance!
> > > Michael
> > >

> > > Event Type: Warning
> > > Event Source: XPLCM12
> > > Event Category: None
> > > Event ID: 0
> > > Date: 07/29/2005
> > > Time: 3:36:13 PM
> > > User: N/A
> > > Computer: TAZ
> > > Hub clients were not loaded from
> > > C:\WINDOWS\system32\xplhubclients.bin
> > > Could not find file
"C:\WINDOWS\system32\xplhubclients.bin".

> > > For more information, see Help and Support Center at
> > > http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
> > >

> > > xPL Links: http://www.xplproject.org.uk http://www.xplhal.com
> > > http://www.xpl.myby.co.uk To Post a
Message: