RE: Newbie Question

> Yes, it behaves exactly the same way (as CM12 service)
> without any warning.
> It just stops immediately.  The event log says:
>
> 1) The XPLCM11 service was successfully sent a start command
> 2) The XPLCM11 service entered the stopped state.
>
> There is no more information about this.

As Tom says, can you check in the application log as well as the system
log.

For both the CM11/CM12 apps to fail is most unusual, and would indicate
that there is a common problem somewhere.
Both apps should log their reason for failure to the application event
log.

If there are no clues in the application event log, then it sounds like
a broken .NET framework install - I suggest reinstalling .NET 1.1 from
Microsoft.

John