RE: Newbie Question

  • Subject: RE: Newbie Question
  • From: <mkanet@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 07:04:14 -0700

Okay, first, I would like to apologize for calling it buggy software.  It
was just frustrated that the installation went so smoothly, Cm12 was
detected, I was able to turn on and off the devices I added.  However, it
just stopped working without any changes to my system in less than 5
minutes.

I can confirm that I don't have any active programs using COM1 (where CM12)
is connected.  I can also confirm that I am able to access the CM12 and use
it using another application (that does NOT stay in memory).

I already uninstalled and removed both the hal and gateway.  I also deleted
c:\program files\xPL\* and everything inside it.  I even went into the
system32 dir and deleted the two XLS config files created by the program.

This following information might help:
When I install the Hal (after removing all that is mentioned above), I tell
it to load all plugins, then exit.  When I go back into the Hal, I do NOT
see anything in "awaiting devices".  The first time I installed
the app, it
had detected the device with no problems.  NOTE:  This is even BEFORE
installing the CM12 Gateway.

So, the problem happens before I even install the gateway I think.  What
would prevent hal from seeing the device (in awaiting devices)?

I currently have XP Pro (SP2) with .NET framework 1.1 (including Hotfix
KB886903).  All my drivers and software on this PC are certified as far as
can tell.

PS:  I also tried installing CM11 gateway, after removing all mentioned
above.

I sincerely hope that I have given enough clues as to what is wrong.

Thanks for all your help guys,
Michael